Winnipeg YFC / ABOUT US
There are more than 60,000 young people in Winnipeg and surrounding area. Some own everything. Others steal to survive. Some have the best education. Others are not able to read. Their future is our passion!
We believe every young person needs:
• Encouragement to nurture a healthy, vibrant, grace-based spirituality
• Ongoing relationships with caring adults
• Safe places with structured activities during non-school hours
• To be equipped with marketable skills
• Opportunities to give back through community service
For over 60 years, YFC has been a leader of innovation and excellence in positive youth development. As a Christian non-profit charity, YFC exists to help young people attain their full life potential. YFC is not a church, but we do work with churches, government, schools and other youth serving agencies to meet the needs of teenagers.
Our passion is to combine healthy relationships with creative programs to help young people make good choices and establish a solid foundation for life.