The Director of Chapter Development will focus on broadening the impact of Youth For Christ. The main responsibilities are to coach, supervise, resource and oversee YFC Chapter and Affiliate Development; Executive Director recruitment, coaching and succession planning.
This full-time position reports to the Senior Director of Operations.
This position will provide vision, leadership, management, organizational planning and team building to a team of entrepreneurial leaders. This position requires the willingness to travel extensively within Canada.
- Respond to requests for new Chapters start-ups in communities and discern as to the best fit (Chapter or Affiliate).
- Help new chapters get established (i.e. developing a board, hiring ED, application for charitable status, etc.).
- Expansion of YFC into Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
- Expansion within current regions.
- Oversight of Affiliate Ministries.
STAFF SUPERVISION & COACHING
- Work alongside the Director of HR to oversee the hiring, orientation and training of Affiliate Ministry Directors.
- Act as a coach and mentor to Chapter and Affiliate Directors who do not have a regional coach in their area.
- Supervise and provide support to Regional Executive Director (ED) Coaches.
- Supervise ED recruitment and succession planning.
- Personal partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT & CONFERENCES
- Completion of the YFC Canada Credentialing process where necessary.
- Attend all three Regional Ministry Conferences Annually.
- Attend YFC Canada’s National Ministry Conference Annually.
- Attend YFC Canada’s Executive Director Conference Annually.
- Participate in training and development courses, conferences and workshops as approved by supervisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate has proven leadership experience with as an Executive Director or Senior Leader with a Canadian charity. Possesses exceptional Christian leadership skills and has a passion for seeing Canada’s youth realize their inherent value and potential, with many of them becoming life time followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will succeed in YFC’s unique environment if they:
- Want to participate in expanding the ministry of Youth for Christ.
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith.
- Are a proven leader with the ability to instill vision and inspire strong, diverse leadership styles.
- Demonstrate a strong theological / biblical understanding.
- Possess strong collaborative people management skills.
- Have well documented strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Have a passion to advocate on behalf of all youth.
- Are a quick learner and enjoy exercising their intellectual capacity.
- Have excellent organizational and administrative abilities.
- Is highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Believe in work / family balance.
Further to this overview will be a process of telephone and on-site interviewing. Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: email@example.com