Assistant Program Director
Job Summary: To assist the program supervisor with the implementation and oversight of the Lakeshore Soccer League and other kids camps in South-Central Etobicoke.
Job Location: Split time between the Lakeshore Collegiate Institute (350 Kipling Ave.) and Capstone Community Bible Church (1483 Royal York Ave.).
Dates: End of June - end of August (exact dates TBD). 11 weeks total.
Hours: 30 hours/week
Required Availability: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, and every Tuesday evening 5pm-9pm.
Pay Per Hour: $16-$18/hour, depending on relevant education and experience.
Number of Available Positions: 2
Program Supervisor: Andrew Ironside – email@example.com
About Youth Unlimited: Youth Unlimited is a Christian non-profit organization serving nearly 3000 youth in the GTA. We are dedicated to seeing wholistic (whole-person) transformation in young people, in order that they may in turn transform their city.
- Weekly responsibilities are wide-ranging and include scheduling, resourcing, and directing 40 volunteer staff, corresponding with families, planning special events, and ensuring the programs run smoothly.
- Teaching and training large groups of kids and youth in various activities.
- Coordinating our end-of-season community celebration/BBQ for 400+ people.
- Taking action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies, and parent concerns as outlined in the Youth Unlimited policies and procedures.
- Interacting in a friendly manner with staff, participants, parents/caregivers and other community members/agencies, to provide program information.
- Participating in staff meetings and completing training sessions.
- Between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment.
- Must have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- A valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Previous camp and/or recreation experience working with children/youth.
- Some soccer experience is preferred, but is not required.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening must be current.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org