Youth Unlimited/YFC Surrey Administrative Assistant
What is Youth Unlimited/Youth For Christ? Youth Unlimited (YU) is a faith-based-not-for-profit, Christian organization that builds meaningful, long-term connections with vulnerable young people by meeting them on their turf. YU addresses the holistic health of young people: physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual. www.youthunlimited.com
What do we do in Surrey? Youth Unlimited/YFC, provides a safe space of belonging for marginalized young people. We have connections with youth at Skate Night community, after school program, girl’s after school club, young parents and drop -in.
What does the Surrey Youth Worker do? The Surrey Youth Worker collaborates with the Area Director and other staff to journey with, and transform the lives of vulnerable youth. Regular activities include: leading drop-in programming, providing one-to-one youth mentoring, event planning, and coordinating volunteers.
We are looking for a self-starter, Administrative Assistant. You are a multi-tasker and you can easily adapt to any situation. You aren't afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done! Being the central "go to" person you will have to be detail oriented, a fast learner and well organized.
Work Location: Surrey Central Office
What must the person have to thrive in this position?
• Be an active, participating member of a local church community
• Professionalism in verbal and written communication
• Ability to work in team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager
• Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups, and events
• Compassion and calling to work with all youth demographics.
• Excellent Computer skills (using Word, Excel, Mail Chimp, Google Docs etc)
• Detail oriented and focused
•Must be proactive and able to multi-task various needs and deadlines