Duties include (partial list):
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan for YCI, regional and local use
- Manage print and electronic media methods and plans, including production
- Oversee and assist field staff efforts in personal fundraising plans and communication
- Develop alumni tracking and contact methods, including events
- Develop and execute plan to grow church missions support for YCI & regions
- Responsible for grant applications and development of new funding sources
- Develop and implement ‘adult guest’ programs at YC camps/events
- Assist with overall YC missions funding efforts
Demonstrated success in communications leadership in a medium to large NGO or other non-profit; passion for vision and mission of YouthCompass.
• In full agreement with the vision, mission and core values.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of strategic communications and public relations activities in an international context.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional and cross-national teams. Strong English oral and written communications skills. Speaking more than one language is desirable.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time across virtual teams.
Personal cross-cultural experience is preferred.
YouthCompass is a ministry model within Youth for Christ International. After acceptance and approval of application, all potential staff are required to attend candidate orientation and evaluation for international placement.