As a Program Coordinator, you will be given the freedom to pursue your calling within the larger MYU ministry; work alongside the ministry leader and a dedicated team of volunteers to create and implement amazing programs and engaging drop-in activities for high school aged youth; help in hosting special events; connect with rural churches; give young people in the community opportunities to make positive choices in their lives, and introduce them to the life-changing power of Jesus Christ.
The ideal candidate will need to be organized and enthusiastic about changing the lives of youth in the community, and willing to take initiative to get things done. You will learn how to plan and carry out large and small events, how to coordinate with a team, and how to connect with people from every walk and sector of your community. Bilingualism is essential.
Given the nature of the work, the successful Coordinator will need to have access to their own transportation as light travel will be required from time to time.
Job title: Program Coordinator – Terra Nova Youth Centre
Reports to: Program Director – Terra Nova Youth Centre
To plan and ensure all programming objectives are met at the Terra Nova ministry site. This includes establishing objectives, curriculum, registration, procedures and reporting for each program. The Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining communication with program volunteers. The Coordinator is expected to assist in the promotion of the Terra Nova Centre to the schools, supporting churches and greater public community. The Coordinator is expected to assist in the recruitment and integration of volunteers or other stakeholders into the programs.
- Develop and lead a programming portfolio at the Terra Nova Youth Centre aligned with the MYU mission.
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers for the Terra Nova Youth Centre ministry.
- Ensure all MYU policies are followed.
- Ensure that program guides are established and maintained up to date.
- Maintain records of attendance and waiver forms.
- Assist in communications with the local community, schools, supporting churches and volunteers.
- Review and assess ministry programming, including community assessments.
Personal wholeness & spiritual development (20%)
- Build and maintain personal spiritual vitality.
- Build and maintain a personal accountability support base, including time dedicated to prayer, Bible study, periodic retreats & receiving spiritual mentoring.
- Participate in PED days.
- Pursue personal & professional learning.
- Complete the YFC credentialing process.
Partnership Development (10%)
- Build and maintain a personal prayer and financial support base.
- Develop an annual partnership communication plan.
- Review personal deputation account regularly.
Administration & Support (10%)
- Provide support to other ministry areas when necessary.
- Ensure all expenses and reports are submitted monthly.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Program Coordinator – Terra Nova Youth Centre will be based at the Terra Nova Centre, their home as well as other locations off-site as necessary to impact the lives of Dorval area youth.