POSITION: Creative Administrator
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time (10-15 hours a week)
REPORTS TO: Mike Gordon / National Youth for Christ
The Creative Administrator’s primary objective is to help manage Mike Gordon’s speaking/program ministry. This includes, but is not limited to administration needs, bookings, project management, writing, event planning, website maintenance, and creatively using social media. This position is designed for the creative task-oriented person.
- Manage booking inquiries, and coordinate speaking/travel schedule. This would involve assisting with the booking of travel accommodations and transportation.
- Reach out to new churches, ministries and networks to continue to build this ministry.
- Assist in editing blogs, publicity content and published articles.
- Proof read all publications and media content prior to publishing/posting.
- Provide feedback and edit content of speaking/teaching content associated with Mike Gordon’s ministry.
- Assist in special ministry projects (One-off Events, Ministry start-ups, etc.)
- Ensure timelines are created and met for projects.
- Assist in developing tour themes and ‘wow’ factors for the live talks.
Creative Thinking and Strategizing:
- Help develop new content ideas for the ‘Behind the Mike’ videos
- Creative brainstorming and execution of new ways to reach people through social media
- Schedule online content in order to remain organized and consistent.
2230 YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
- Help plan and coordinate networking events and worship events with a team of leaders.
- Assist in booking venues for the events throughout the year.
- Keep the community informed about upcoming events.
- Assist in facilitating the details of Mike Gordon’s speaking/program ministry.
- Assist in providing effective administration of ongoing ministry programs.
- Assist Mike Gordon in coordination and communication of meetings and events.
- Assist Mike Gordon with his expense reimbursements by ensuring all expenses are matched with the associated receipt, entered into the expense reimbursement form and forwarded for required approvals and directed to Finance for processing.
- Personal partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Take bi-annual spiritual retreats at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Completion of the YFC Canada Credentialing process.
- Attend YFC Regional and National conferences.
- Participate in training and development courses, conferences and workshops as approved by supervisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organizational and communication skills, and has a passion for seeing Canada’s youth become lifelong followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will:
- Be and Ideal Team Player
- Have excellent organizational and administrative abilities
- Be detail oriented and responsible
- Be creative and task-oriented
- Possess desktop publishing and editing abilities
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Be able to work from home on a virtual team
- Be a self-started and have a strong work ethic
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Believe in work / family balance