The Okanagan Affiliate Ministry Director’ s primary objective is to meet the needs of the youth in the Okanagan area by equipping staff and volunteers to run relevant programs and by partnering with others.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Chapter Development.
This position will provide vision, leadership, and supervision to a team of staff and volunteers who are reaching the youth of Okanagan with God’s love.
- Survey the needs of youth in the community and seek ways to meet them.
- Development of programs to meet these needs.
- Work in partnership with area Youth Workers, Youth Ministries and other likeminded partners, to reach our evangelism and outreach goals, including challenging and equipping Christian youth to reach out to their peers.
- Make contacts with principals, teachers and resource agencies in the area, striving to network with them whenever possible.
STAFF / VOLUNTEERS
- Equip staff to work in the community with youth.
- Equip Area Directors to lead their staff and volunteer teams well.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and staff.
- Oversee training and development of staff and volunteers.
- Guide staff in developing a personal ministry based on developing their individual areas of strength.
- Attend to matters of Credentialing and supervision of all staff.
- Invest in the health and resiliency of staff.
- Create a culture where the staff team is centred on Christ, called to mission, committed to relationship and seriously fun.
ORGANIZATION / ADMINISTRATIVE
- Meet monthly with the Advisory Board. Be accountable to the board for planning, vision casting, ministry development and fundraising. Train, equip, and pastor members of Advisory Board/Steering Committee in order to serve best in their areas of gifting.
- Meet regularly (Skype, Call, Face to face) with their supervisor.
- Keep records of Ministry activities and events.
- Attend monthly YFC Canada staff calls.
- Establish a Ministry Partner Development Plan and keeping regular contact with ministry partners through a news/prayer letter, visits, phone calls, etc.
- Coordinate fundraising and be accountable for budgeted Affiliate programs and expenses.
PERSONAL PARTNER DEVELOPMENT
- Personal partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Pursue an active and growing relationship with God.
- Participate in all YFC Canada training opportunities, and other opportunities as approved by your supervisor and local Steering Committee.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development and take annual spiritual retreats.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional Christian leadership skills and has a passion for seeing Canada’s youth realize their inherent value and potential, with many of them becoming lifetime followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will succeed in YFC’s unique environment if they:
- Want to participate in expanding the ministry of Youth for Christ.
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith.
- Are a proven leader with the ability to instill vision and inspire staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate a strong theological / biblical understanding.
- Possess strong collaborative people management skills.
- Have well documented strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Have a passion to advocate on behalf of all youth.
- Have excellent organizational abilities.
- Is highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Believe in work / family balance.
Further to this overview will be a process of telephone and on-site interviewing. Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: