The Area Director’s primary objective is to bring oversight to community programs, and leadership to the teams/volunteers running the programs.
This part-time position reports the Upper Canada YFC Affiliate Ministry Director.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Is a faithful and contributing member of a local church.
- Prays regularly for and with Upper Canada YFC Team.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Take an annual spiritual retreat, for spiritual and mental health.
- Complete the YFC Canada Credentialing process within 2 years of start date.
- Attend YFC Regional and National conferences if possible.
- Participate in training and development courses, conferences and workshops as approved by supervisor.
- Oversee all aspects of the Winchester Youth Outreach
- Form a Youth Outreach team to assist you in decision making and community networking
- Form a youth Network with local youth pastors
- Find you “place of contact” with youth – begin to form ways to share the gospel
MEETINGS / EXPECTATIONS
- Meet with supervisor bi-weekly
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Participate in annual evaluation and adjustment of personal job description.
- Create and maintain personal work schedule
- Maintain regularly scheduled prayer emails and ministry communication
- Personal ministry partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional relational and communication skills and has a passion for seeing Canada’s youth become lifelong followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will:
- Be detail oriented and responsible
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Demonstrate a strong theological /biblical understanding
- Be able to work from home on a virtual team
- Have excellent organizational and administrative abilities
- Be a self-starter and have a strong work ethic
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practice work / family balance
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: