The Accounting and Admin Assistant supports the National Administration Team with accounting duties and administrative projects as they arise for the Youth for Christ Canada and other entities within YFC Canada’s Group of Charities.
This position is full-time and will be supervised by the Accounting Manager.
ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Accounting: Various accounting responsibilities, including:
- Accounts Payable – processing Vendor invoices and Employee expense reimbursements, and weekly payment batches;
- Accounts Receivable – processing Monthly Chapter Fee invoices and collection of payments, along with the associated bank deposits;
- Other General Accounting duties, including various journal entries, monthly and annual general ledger reconciliation processes, along with other accounting duties to support charities within the Youth for Christ Canada Group of Charities.
- Audit: Participate in the annual audit process, providing support to the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance on gathering records and other support needed for audit requests.
- Donations Processing: Posting of daily donation batches into accounting software. As needed, provide support and back-up to the Partner Development Assistant in processing donations.
- Event Registration: Collaborate and work with other YFC Canada departments and event coordinators to process funds associated event registrations and other initiatives.
- Financial & Management Reporting: Assist the Accounting Manager with monthly financial statements and account activity reports, including report distribution to staff and department managers. Provides support to Accounting Manager and Director of Finance in responding to accounting and reporting inquiries.
- International: Support the Accounting Manager in coordinating and preparing international fund transfers, associated with international agency agreements and maintain a detailed filing system.
- Assist with general office duties, such as filing, coordinating storage, and ordering office supplies.
- Assist Partner Development Team as needed, to support special mailings and other ministry and partner development activities.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager on accounting and compliance reporting requirements for auditors and lawyers.
- Backup relief to other Administration staff who are on vacation.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Pursue an active and growing relationship with God.
- Participate in YFC Canada training opportunities, and other opportunities as approved by your supervisor.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development and take annual spiritual retreats.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organizational and accounting skills and knowledge, strengthened through accounts payable and receivable work experience, and exhibits a passion for seeing Canada’s youth become lifelong followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- A vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Accounting experience, knowledge and skills
- Team player - Humble, hungry, smart
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- Innovative, problem-solving skills
Further to this overview will be a process of telephone and on-site interviewing. Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: