As part of the People Development Team, the Central Region Training Coordinator acts as the Regional Training Director (RTD) for Central Canada and is to be the regional contact and coordinator for YFC/YU matters associated with National Training and development.
This part-time (20 hrs/wk) position reports to the Director of People Development.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Is a faithful and contributing member of a local church.
- Pray for and with YFC Canada Team.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Take annual spiritual retreat at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Must have completed YFC Foundations (be a credentialed staff member).
- Attend YFC Regional and National conferences.
- Participate in training and development courses, conferences and workshops as approved by supervisor.
CONNECTION AND CONTACTING
- The RTD is the contact person for central region participants in Foundations (the YFC/YU Credentialing process)
- Connecting personally (phone, email, Skype, Facebook, Google Classroom, etc.).
- Guiding the necessary steps to completion of the Foundations (off-site visit, pre-post retreat work) and fielding questions about Foundations and the first two years in YFC/YU.
- Providing accountability to complete their assignments within their first two years of work.
COORDINATION AND ADMINISTRATION
- The planning and delivery of the regional Foundations training events (recruitment of instructors if needed, budgeting, establishing dates, securing the location, promoting the event and planning for a learning event that is the best possible environment for participants).
- The RTD will administrate:
- Budgets and financial records for the region.
- Initial assessments of new staff into the Foundations process.
- The orientation of new staff to Foundations.
- Records of participants through the completion of Foundations.
- Commissioning meetings (chairing or appointing a national or regional representative).
- Recommendations to national training office.
- RTDs will collaborate in the ongoing development of the training process (content, syllabi, delivery methods, evaluation, and innovation) including Summer Institute.
- Learning-becoming fully aware of the nature and content of the Foundations process to be in a position to help and guide participants through pre and post retreat assignments and becoming aware of instructional trends related to the nature and process of Foundations. In addition, the RTD will collaborate with necessary individuals to aid in the planning of regional events.
- Facilitating and teaching- where and when this fits with the giftedness of the RTD and the context of the learning event.
- Resourcing-includes both the participants and the region when needed.
- Collaboratingwith PD team on team initiatives outside of the purview of Foundations
- Lead a small group.
- Design and delivery of curriculum.
- To be determined with the team leader.
LEARNING TOOLS DEVELOPMENT
- Implement Google Classroom for effective management of participants and supervisors in Foundations.
- Development of other resources as needed.
- Meet with supervisor bi-weekly by Skype or in person.
- Participate in weekly people and chapter development meetings.
- Attend and participate in national staff meetings in December and June.
- Attend and participate in monthly training team meetings.
- Participate in annual evaluation and adjustment of job description.
- Personal partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The vision statement for the People Development Team is:
Working with God to encourage growth in leadership, discipleship and resilience in YFC Canada!
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organizational and communication skills and has a passion for seeing youth workers equipped to impact youth for Christ.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an Ideal Team Player
- Have experience teaching
- Ideally have a background or degree in Education
- Be able to facilitate, encourage and coach staff
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Demonstrate a strong theological/biblical understanding
- Be able to work on a virtual team
- Confident facilitating online learning
- Possess strong people skills
- Have excellent organizational and administrative abilities
- Be a self-starter and have a strong work ethic
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practice work/life balance
Further to this overview will be a process of telephone and on-site interviewing. Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: