As part of the People Development Team, the Discipleship Specialist researches and implements models and strategies for discipleship. Equipping frontline ministry staff with tools and resources that foster holistic discipleship in the students they journey with.
This part-time (20 hrs/wk) position reports to the Director of People Development.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Is a faithful and contributing member of a local church.
- Pray for and with YFC Canada Team.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Take annual spiritual retreat at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Must have completed YFC Foundations (be a credentialed staff member).
- Attend YFC Regional and National conferences.
- Participates in training and development courses, conferences and workshops as approved by supervisor.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Engage existing YFC program leaders in the conversation of maturing and transitioning students.(Global Engagement, Lifeteams, Foundations (Credentialing), Discipleship Adventure School, Doxa.
- Research best practices in the aiding of healthy student transition from high school to post-secondary life (graduating from YFC programs).
- Dialogue with YLAB to determine what types of resources and strategies for discipleship are helpful.
- Create budgets and cost analysis for any curriculum/resources.
- Create timelines and drafts for implementation.
- Develop transition-based curriculum/resources that frontline staff will have access to.
- Help develop/implement best practices that will strengthen our student transitions, programming and staffing.
- Respond to the best partnership and sponsorship opportunities with like-minded post-secondary ministries and events, such as; CYWC, Change Conference, P2C, Intervarsity, Alpha, Today’s Teen Conference.
- Equip staff with discipleship strategies and resources for implementation at SI, NMC and other obvious forums to share best practices.
- Be trained in and implement the 4 Chair Discipling model from Sonlife
- Meet with supervisor bi-weekly by Skype or in person.
- Participate in weekly people and chapter development meetings.
- Attend and participate in national staff meetings in December and June.
- Attend and participate in monthly training team meetings.
- Participate in annual evaluation and adjustment of job description.
- Personal partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The vision statement for the People Development Team is:
Working with God to encourage growth in leadership, discipleship and resilience in YFC Canada!
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organizational and communication skills and has a passion for seeing youth workers equipped to impact youth for Christ.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an Ideal Team Player
- Have experience teaching
- Ideally have a background or degree in Education
- Be able to facilitate, encourage and coach staff
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Demonstrate a strong theological/biblical understanding
- Be able to work on a virtual team
- Confident facilitating online learning
- Possess strong people skills
- Have excellent organizational and administrative abilities
- Be a self-starter and have a strong work ethic
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practice work/life balance
Further to this overview will be a process of telephone and on-site interviewing. Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org